Boobs4Food LA Jan 2010 Volunteer Event
Team Boobs4Food LA is looking forward to our 2010 kickoff volunteer event to fight hunger at The Midnight Mission in Skid Row of Downtown LA. We will be serving dinner to the homeless on Sunday January 17, 2010 from 3:30pm – 6:30pm. Spaces are filling up quickly so please contact us at email@example.com or DM us on Twitter @boobs4food if you are interested in fighting hunger with us!
Founded in 1914, The Midnight Mission has been helping the homeless of Skid Row get back on their feet. Some of the many services offered include Emergency Overnight Shelter, Hot Meals, Clothing, Drug & Alcohol Recovery Program, Continuing Education, Career Counseling & Family Housing. If you cannot join us during our Boobs4Food Dinner Service, we still recommend volunteering at The Midnight Mission some time in the near future. Don’t worry, we’ll definitely have more events at The Midnight Mission in 2010 if you can’t make it in January. Check back for updates on future volunteer events at Boobs4Food: Events or on Follow Us on Twitter @Boobs4Food.
The Midnight Mission Statement of Purpose
- To offer a bridge to self-sufficiency for homeless
people through counseling, education, training and job placement.
- To make available the necessities of life to homeless people: food, shelter, clothing, personal hygiene needs, and medical care.
- To offer the 12-step approach to recovery.
- To serve homeless people with empathy and respect, without sermonizing.
- To provide for the homeless as an independent social service agency.